Tax & Accounting Services
Professional Tax Services
Tax services constitute a major part of our practice and include not only the preparation and review of income tax returns, but also assistance and advice in such areas as:
- Pre-year-end review for tax-saving opportunities
- Evaluation of present client policies, practices and procedures to take maximum advantage of available opportunities for tax reduction
- Evaluation of the tax effects of important business and investment decisions
- Estate planning, evaluating financial and tax consequences of wills, agreements and gifts
- In these and other ways, the counsel and assistance of a CPA tax adviser can be extremely valuable
Other Tax Services
- Preparation of Federal, State and Foreign Income Tax Returns
- Individual – resident and nonresident
- Representation Before Government Tax Agencies
- Payroll, Sales, and Property Tax Returns
Accounting Peer Review Services
Peer review is a form of self-regulation, using the American Institute of Certified Public Accountants guidelines for monitoring. The program has been around for many years. In 2010, the state of California mandated peer reviews for all CPA firms performing audit, accounting and attest services in the state. Peer reviews are used to enhance the quality of services performed in the auditing and accounting industry. Our firm has undergone a peer review since the program’s inception. We offer the following peer review services:
Off year consulting and monitoring services
Auditing and Accounting Services
A significant part of our work is in connection with audits of commercial enterprises, non-profit organizations, and governmental units. In addition to annual audits, special auditing or accounting services of a different nature or for a different purpose are frequently requested by our clients. Such assignments include special examinations to uncover fraud or error and reports on special presentations such as compliance features of loan agreements and other contracts. Not all financial statements are audited.
Clients often ask us to help prepare unaudited financial statements. Although our work during the course of these engagements is not to examine the financial statements, in order to prepare such statements, which are meaningful and useful, we must become generally familiar with the client’s operations. Our clients consider the continuing year-round advice we offer them on accounting and other problems to be of major value. Examples of these services include assistance in financial planning and forecasting, analysis and advice regarding purchase or sale of a business and recommendations regarding accounting systems, procedures and organizational problems. We try to anticipate problems so that they can be dealt with before they become critical.
Other Auditing and Accounting Services
- Audit, Reviews and Compilations of Financial Statements (Business and Personal)
- Bookkeeping Services (including monthly/annual reporting)
- Payroll Services
- Pension Plan Accounting and Audits
Management Consulting Services
One of the objectives of our firm is to provide high quality management advisory services in response to clients’ needs and requests. These services include:
- General management and organization consulting: policies and operations, long-range planning, organization planning, economic studies and forecasts and general counseling.
- Financial planning and controls: general accounting systems, budgeting systems, cost analysis and profit planning.